At Solūt we may work with tech every day, but we do it with personality! We’re not robots, our team is comprised of real people who are helpful, professional and clever; driven to make things uncomplicated. We’re here to make technology uncomplicated for our clients, and for our team, we’re here to make career fulfillment uncomplicated. Employee ownership uniquely defines us, aligns with our culture, and provides the inspiration for constant growth/development, work/life balance and upward mobility.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Technician to join our ever-expanding Business Intelligence team. The primary purpose of this role is to deliver on client business requirements for specific system, application or process designs, particularly at the infrastructure level and at the systems management level. Tasked to perform project/engagement management activities, this role is responsible for maintaining excellent customer satisfaction, delivering on time and within budget, tracking and reporting progress, and delivering results to the client. We are looking for that perfect mix of an IT technician who is lighthearted, neighbourly and informed to perform the following project activities.
- Apply analytical skills to resolve problems and deliver viable solutions
- Anticipate obstacles and execute proactive approaches to issues
- Work cooperatively to design, develop and deploy quality solutions for system issues consistent with project objectives and client requirements, following technology architecture standards
- Improve solutions/processes that maximize system availability, efficiency/effectiveness and minimize/prevent problems/issues
- Completion of Requirements, Design, and Deploy documents
- Build and maintain positive working relationships by effectively communicating and regularly sharing information and knowledge with team, in addition to internal and external technology partners
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency of the business unit and team
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Graduated from post-secondary Systems Administration program or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 years IT experience
- Organized, self-motivated, customer-oriented and be able to work well independently as well as within a team
- Flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask, working in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision on day to day tasks
- Demonstrated ability to grasp and translate technical concepts, think independently, and take the initiative required to resolve issues in a team structure
- Aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies as they emerge
- Microsoft certification(s), other vendor certifications would be an asset
- Working knowledge of: Windows desktop operating systems (Win 7-10.), Windows Server (2008-2019), desktop imaging products, Microsoft Active Directory, layer 2 and 3 switching including VLAN and QOS configurations, modern firewall configurations (Cisco and Fortinet), Vmware ESXi and Windows Hyper-V configuration and networking, Office 365 tenants including directory synchronization, Microsoft Azure
- Strong desire to help others and ensure client experience is always amazing by delivering “White Glove” treatment during project work and post deploy support
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License
We will be accepting applications from talented individuals up to February 20, 2019. As we generally receive an overwhelming response to our opportunities, we are only able to connect with those individuals selected for an interview.