Are you looking for a fulfilling career that allows for work/life balance so you can still juggle life’s other priorities? Solūt is looking for a part-time Accounting Technician to help in our accounting department! We offer flexible work arrangements, a full benefits plan that extends to dependants, and vacation and personal days. So, whether you are looking for something with more flexibility or are wanting to get back into the working world, we would love to meet you!
Summary of Solūt
At solūt we may work with tech every day, but we do it with personality! We’re not robots; our team is comprised of real people who are helpful, professional, and clever, driven to make things uncomplicated. We’re here to make technology uncomplicated for our clients, and we’re here to make career fulfillment uncomplicated for our team. Employee ownership uniquely defines us. It aligns with our culture of empowerment while providing the inspiration for constant growth and development, work/life integration, and upward mobility.
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the accounting team in maintaining solūt’s financial records by providing full-cycle accounting support. The Accounting Technician is responsible for processing accounts receivable, accounts payable, procurement transactions, and account reconciliations.
Please note this is a part-time (20 hours per week) position.
- Execute accounts payable tasks for solūt, including appropriate approval and/or reconciliation of vendor charges, posting invoices to AP sub-ledger, preparing suggested pay runs, etc.
- Compare invoices against purchase orders and receiving documents to verify accuracy of vendor billing
- Post AP transactions to corresponding GL codes, ensuring proper distinction between inventory, COGS and overhead expenses
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Review all credit balances, refunds and adjustments and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records as necessary
- Prepare timely AP pay runs to mitigate supplier objections
- Assist with the investigation and resolution of billing discrepancies or misapplied transactions
- Regular review of aging purchase orders and follow up
- Regular review of Purchasing and RMA boards and follow up
- Assist with accounts receivable tasks for solūt including preparation of client invoices and credits as required, distribution of invoices, processing of payments, statements of account, etc.
- Assist with supply chain activities to ensure materials and services are secured for scheduled projects and maintenance for our clients as well as internal needs (i.e. quotes, Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, shipping and receiving, returns to vendors, etc.)
- Manage corporate credit cards
- Follow protocol related to workflow of electronic documents and e-filing in support of solūt’s paperless office
- Inputting work-related expenses and vendor invoices
Summary of Qualifications & Skills
- Post-secondary education and/or related certificates
- 1-3 years’ experience in the accounting field
- Experience using QuickBooks
- Experience with ConnectWise would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of accounting practices, sales tax regulations and reporting requirements
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- High level of personal integrity
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
We will be accepting applications from talented individuals up to December 11th, 2019. As we generally receive an overwhelming response to our opportunities, we are only able to connect with those individuals selected for an interview.