A day at solut: Let’s start the day off right – in the bistro at our industrial Keurig! Mocha? Espresso? Latte? It’s your choice! Now that you’ve got the essentials, let’s head through the bistro, past the bean bag chairs, out to our service desk. Here is where you will join an amazing team of technicians who are passionate about making IT uncomplicated for our clients! Once you’ve caught up on the latest tech news you can jump into your assigned tickets, get yourself in a pickle? Call over your co-worker to help you find a solution. After you’ve changed a few lives, reward yourself with lunch by heading back to the bistro to grab a pop from the fridge before settling down to play chess with your coworkers! After lunch you’ve got your weekly huddle with your team lead – now’s a good time to discuss the new solution you found for your clients last week and educate the team! Time to head back to your desk to follow up on a few more tickets and check in with clients. Just as you are about to leave, you get a Shout Out from a co-worker thanking you for how you helped them find a solution for their client.
Does this sound like a team you want to be apart of? If yes, check out the description below!
The primary purpose of this position is to help clients resolve end-user productivity issues as they relate to IT operations. This will be accomplished by performing question/problem diagnoses, guiding users through to issue resolution, communicating technical solutions in user-friendly language, conducting end-user training where necessary, and recording all problems/solutions within our ticketing system. Support services to be delivered remotely and/or on-site as required.
- Resolve end-user IT issues such as password reset, software questions, hardware problems, Internet connectivity, configurations, and so on across a variety of hardware devices (i.e. desktops, laptops, servers, tablets, cell phones).
- Monitor and maintain client line of business applications.
- Diagnose and resolve minor network issues (e.g. LAN access).
- Provide one-on-one end-user support and problem resolution via telephone, e-mail, and other vehicles of communication.
- Effectively research solutions and troubleshoot client issues.
- Recognize and escalate deeper and more complex issues to more experienced service technicians or be the escalation point for complex issues.
- Assist with client wide hardware and software deployments, configurations, and maintenance.
- Accurately and thoroughly document configurations and tickets, including resolutions into ticket management system; maintain vigilant maintenance of this process.
- Work with Service Coordinators to prioritize tickets according to severity.
- Empower clients to find the tools to find IT solutions.
- Provide training to clients, teaching basic IT skills to minimize unnecessary tickets.
- Work proactively on client issues to eliminate future issues and decrease ticket volume.
- Make recommendations and suggest improvements for client networks, implement improvements if appropriate.
- Improving existing documentation by updating information and expanding on processes.
- Communicate with client and/or Client Experience team on escalated issues.
- Use past tickets to pinpoint trends and trouble spots in order to provide proactive service.
- Research, design, and implement new IT infrastructure while maintaining and supporting existing client infrastructure.
- Always maintain a high degree of professionalism, courteousness, and friendliness.
- Participation in evening and weekend on-call rotations is required.
Summary of Qualifications & Skills
- Post-secondary education in information technology, Systems Administration program preferred and/or IT service experience
- Industry certificates considered an asset
- Familiarity with Desktop and Office productivity suites
- Understanding of active directory, mail and line of business account creation
- Able to quickly analyze issues and determine best course of action using available resources
- Exceptional multi-tasking abilities and prioritization skills
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Effective written, oral and telephone communication skills (English required)
- Strong customer service mindset
- Team player who is able to work under pressure
- A valid Class 5 Drivers license considered an asset
This position has 3 tiered levels of technical expertise, depending on your technical ability outlined in your resume and demonstrated during the interview process we will determine which level best suits you according to solut's standards!
We will be accepting applications from talented individuals until a suitable candidate has been found. As we generally receive an overwhelming response to our opportunities, we are only able to connect with those individuals selected for an interview.